Excire Search EX
The Excire Search EX module searches by examples: you just select one or more reference images, and Excire Search EX will then automatically and quickly generate a Lightroom collection with images that are similar to the selected reference images. You can easily refine the search by using Excire Search CT, or do it the old-fashioned way with existing image tags and metadata.
Three simple steps: Select, Configure & Enjoy
Menu Entries and Shortcuts
The Excire Search functionalities are included in the “Plug-in Extras” menu (Library→Plug-in Extras→Excire Search). All functions can also be accessed directly by using the following keyboard shortcuts:
- “Search by example photo” (⌥⇧⌘X): Search for photos that are similar to one or more selected photos. *
- “Search by example photo with previous” (⌥⌘X): Search with previous settings – no dialogue appears. *
- “Search by keyword…” (⌥⌘C): Keyword-based image search. **
- “Initialize photos…” (⌥⌘I): Initialize photos before they can be searched.
- “Update photos…” (⌥⇧⌘I): Look for photos that were edited recently and update their mathematical description.
- “Undo last search” (⌥⌘Z): Undo the last photo search.
* Excire Search EX, ** Excire Search CT
Search by Example
The example search requires the initial selection of one or more reference photos whose content corresponds to what you are searching for. For example, if you are looking for photos that contain cats, just select one photo from your catalogue that depicts a cat. To do the search, you can either choose one of the two relevant entries (“Search by Example Photo…” or “Search by Example Photo with Previous“) from the Excire Search plugin menu (Library→Plug-in Extras→Excire Search), or you can use the corresponding shortcuts (⌥⇧⌘S or ⌥⌘S).
A search can be changed to your needs by its dialogue. There you can specify if you want to look for similar images in your whole catalogue, in the filmstrip or in certain directories and collections. You can also specify the number of similar images that will be displayed in the resulting Excire Search Collection. Please remember to set the custom order flag for this collection. We offer three search criteria that cover different image features:
- Combined: This criterion allows you to search for photos with specific content and color characteristics. This is the default setting, and we recommend using it.
- Photo content: This search only uses photo content for similarity searches. Select this criterion if color does not matter.
- Color: This search only uses color for similarity searches. This criterion should be used if color distribution is the main property of the photos you are looking for.
To do a search, just press the start button.